About the Park
This city park is situated right near the border of St. Albert and Sturgeon County. Its close proximity to the Sturgeon River and forested areas means your bound to come across wildlife during your visit. Expect time to slow down and to experience a peaceful quiet when you're in the park. With its spacious layout, long curved trails, and abundance of seating areas, this is an area where you can find solitude and relaxation.
- Boat dock
- Find it west of the additional parking bays in the Kingswood Park parking lot and follow the gravel trail to the floating dock. The dock is available until October (weather dependent). The closure of the dock will coincide with the winterization of seasonal facilities.
- Cross-country ski trails (winter months)
- Disc golf course that's perfect for beginners with 18-holes and artificial tee pads. The course is available until October (weather dependent). Removal of the baskets will coincide with the winterization of tennis and pickle ball courts.
- Easy access to the Red Willow Trail System, which includes 99.5 km of recreational trails that connect to St. Albert parks and playgrounds
- Heated washroom and change building
- Open field space for kite flying, catch, tag and more!
- Parking lot
- Picnic tables and benches
- Short walking distance to the St. Albert Botanic Park
- Social ice surface (winter months)
- Walking trails
Please remember when using the park:
- All dogs must be on-leash
- Pick up after your pet
- Natural areas may contain hazardous conditions, so use at your own risk
- Leave no trace and stay on established trails
- Leave trees (both living and non-living) in place
Alcohol in Designated Park Spaces
Kingswood Park is one of 4 designated park spaces that permits alcohol consumption between the hours of 11 a.m. and 9 p.m. and only in designated areas as indicated in on-site signage. Public alcohol consumption is also not permitted during Events as defined in the Parks Bylaw 07/2022.
Sturgeon River Ice Safety
The City of St. Albert cautions everyone to stay off the Sturgeon River in the winter. The river ice surface is unpredictable and not safe for any type of recreational activity.
How do I get there?
The park is located at 395 Sir Winston Churchill Ave.
SPONTANEOUS USE HOURS
Available for use from 5 a.m. - 11 p.m. as identified in the Parks Bylaw.
Last edited: October 23, 2023