On May 7, 2020, the City’s Emergency Advisory Committee (EAC) decided to reopen picnic shelters for public use effective Friday, May 8 at 8 a.m. Read More >
Updated May 8, 2020, 8:30 a.m.
About the Park
For years, families have been coming to Lions Park to share birthdays, anniversaries, events, and intimate family time in a quaint and peaceful park setting. Nestled in towering trees and right on the Red Willow Trail System, the time spent here will create memories you can cherish forever!
Bookings for the Lions Park picnic shelter are not available for 2020. It is open for spontaneous use only.
- Easy access to the Red Willow Trail System, which includes 99.5 km of recreational trails that connect to St. Albert parks and playgrounds.
- Large playground.
- Large picnic shelter that can be booked for special events from May 1-October 8 (no bookings in 2020; open for spontaneous use only)
- Open field space for kite flying, catch, tag and more!
- Outdoor fitness equipment
- Over 10 BBQ pits with picnic tables.
- Paved parking lot.
- Washroom building.
Please remember when using the park
- All dogs must be on-leash.
- Pick up after your pet.
- Natural areas may contain hazardous conditions, so use at your own risk.
- Leave no trace and stay on established trails.
- Leave trees (both living and non-living) in place.
How do I get there?
The park is located just off Sir Winston Churchill Ave (A on the map). The parking lot is adjacent to the park (B on the map).
SPONTANEOUS USE HOURS
Available for use from 5 a.m. - 11 p.m. as identified in the Parks Bylaw.
Last edited: June 18, 2020