Servus Place offers a drop in child-minding service for children 2 months to 9 years old for a period of up to three hours. This service provides a safe, caring environment for your child to enjoy leisure time, while you participate in an activity within the facility.
We do our best to accommodate all customers; however we must maintain an established adult to child ratio to ensure the safety of all the children.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT! Child-Minding now offers a BLOCK booking service. Do you enjoy a regular program? Make sure your child always has a spot. Space is limited and scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis - simply fill out the registration form and return it to our Guest Services desk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Parents must remain in Servus Place while utilizing the child-minding service. If you are participating in a registered program that is leaving the facility, you will need to carry a cell phone and give the number to the child-minding staff.
FALL 2019 HOURS OF OPERATION
Effective September 3 - December 23, 2019. If you would like to print off the Fall 2019 hours, click here.
|Monday||8:45 a.m. - 2:15 p.m., 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:45 a.m. - 2:15 p.m., 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:45 a.m. - 2:15 p.m., 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:45 a.m. - 2:15 p.m., 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Friday||8:45 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.|
|Saturday||8 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
|Sunday||9 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
Child-minding will be closed October 14th and November 11th.
One-time purchase (per 15 minutes)
- $1.50 per child
- $2.50 per family
Punch passes (per 10 hours)
- $54.00 per child
- $90.00 per family
There is a 15% discount on punch passes for annual membership holders.
Please note: Family Passes must be used by two or more children at one time. If only one child is using the service a single-use ticket or a single use one-time entry fee must be used. Family passes are to be used by immediate family members only who live in the same household.
Your children are in good hands. Staff in the child-minding centre have standard first aid and CPR (including infant CPR) and a security clearance check.
- Under 19 months - 1 staff person per 5 kids
- 19 months to 3 years - 1 staff person per 8 kids
- 3 years to 5 years - 1 staff person per 12 kids
- 5 years and older- 1 staff person per 15 kids
Check in/out process
How to Sign-In:
- Parents will purchase either a single-use pass, or a 10-hour punch pass for the child-minding service at the Guest and Member Services Desk. Punch pass credits will be added to the parent’s Child-Minding/Membership Card. All registration forms will be brought to the child-minding room. Receipts and Child-Minding/Membership Cards will need to be brought to the child-minding room.
- When you arrive at the child-minding room, staff will take your Child-Minding/Membership Card and check your account balance while you sign your child/children into the room. Staff will confirm you have enough time remaining on your card for your visit. If you require more time you will need to visit guest services before using the service. A 15-minute buffer will be required on your account balance to use child-minding services.
- Once sign-in is complete staff will place a band on your child's wrist at the time of entry. The time of entry will be recorded according to the clock in the child-minding room.
Please note: We have a booking service available for our patrons. Please see our Registration Forms for more information.
How to Sign-Out:
- Please check in with the child-minding staff upon your return, child-minding staff will confirm payment and may require you to purchase more time at guest services if needed.
- Once payment is confirmed child-minding staff will locate child and bring to parent(s). (This will allow children proper time to transition if they are involved in any crafts or activities).
- Please gather your child and their belongings from the cubbies.
- Child-minding staff will remove your child's wristband.
Please note: There is a five-minute grace period, however, anything over five minutes will be charged the next 15 minutes.
Staff will encourage children’s participation with books, toys, puzzles, and colouring. Staff and children will remain in the child-minding room for the duration of your child’s visit.
Health and Safety
- Children play in close contact, which allows germs to be easily transmitted. In consideration of other children and staff, we ask that you refrain from bringing children who are ill. Our staff take great care to ensure your child has a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Please understand that your child will be signed out only when the matching ticket stub is presented.
- Toys and equipment are disinfected daily to ensure a clean and safe play environment.
- Medications will not be distributed or administered by staff, with the exception of an EpiPen.
- Parents are encouraged to pack a snack for their child. Please label all snacks, containers, drinks etc.
- In consideration of children and staff with allergies, please do not send snacks with nut products; popcorn is also discouraged as it is a choking hazard.
- We are not equipped to serve lunch or breakfast. Please enjoy the use of our lobby to feed your child prior to entering the child-minding space.
What should my child bring?
- Clean indoor shoes.
- Clothes that they can freely play in and are okay to get a little dirty.
- Clearly labeled personal items (diapers, bottles, baby wipes, extra clothing, snacks, etc). Bring personal items in a large Ziploc with the child's name on it.
- If your child prefers a special toy, you are welcome to bring it along; however, please caution we cannot be responsible for lost, shared or damaged toys. Please take your valuables with you (i.e. purses, wallets, cash) and do not leave them in diaper bags.
Last edited: October 30, 2019