The City of St. Albert encourages open communication and welcomes input from the public. We respect a person’s right to express their opinions on social media and will attempt to address any customer service issues that are communicated via social media. The City also has a responsibility to protect its staff from harassment and reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.
When adding content or posting comments, users must be aware that any of the following will not be permitted and are subject to removal – content and comments that:
- are confidential;
- are not relevant to the account and/or page’s subject matter;
- contain inappropriate language;
- are of a discriminatory or illegal nature or potentially so;
- contain any commerce-related activity;
- have the potential to or do impact public safety;
- have the potential to or do violate the legal rights of any other individual, group or organization;
- contravenes the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act; or
- for any reason are deemed to be inappropriate by a Director of a department, a General Manager or the City Manager.
The user who posted the content will be advised via Direct Message that their post has been removed and that if they continue to post such content they will be blocked from the City’s social media accounts.
Last edited: October 4, 2019